Wednesday 11 April 2012

Learning to Ride

We're all wedded, so now it's time for goodbyes, packing and last minute trip admin. I'm in Lingwood (Norfolk) with Sarah visiting her family at the moment, so thought I'd take the chance to go for my CBT (Compulsory Bike Training) somewhere which doesn't charge London prices! I wasn't particularly well prepared - with only jeans and a jumper with me. So my new father-in-law (Nick) leant me his gardening boots and his authentic replica WW2 flying jacket. PIMP!!!
It was a bit of a steep learning curve - but loved learning to use the gears and being in full control of the bike. Best bit was learning about counter-steering - not sure it's transferable to road cycling though. It's where you gently turn against the direction you want to go in. Feels really unnatural, but gets you round corners so much gentler and quicker. LOVED IT! Now time to master the streets of Saigon, revving at the lights with 100 other mopeds and bikes! (The photo above is Nick's Norton he's restoring, not mine sadly)

No comments:

Post a Comment